Lifestyle: Dairy Free Curry
So I finally made a dairy free curry from scratch instead of using a sauce in a jar. If I do say so myself it turned out really tasty!
The ingredients I used were:
- 1 Tin of Coconut Milk
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 3 Tablespoons Mild Curry Powder
1. First off I cooked the chicken with the onions and some of the curry powder.
2. Then I added the coconut milk heated for abit, then added in the basil, cumin and tumeric.
3. I added in the last two tablespoons of the curry powder.
4. Then I added in the pre-boiled veg.
5. I let this simmer and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Then voila it was complete and also surprisingly easy!
It was a tad watery, I think this was because I needed to add in another form of dairy free milk to thicken.
Overall the spices all mixed together nicely and gave the curry a wonderful taste without being too spicy.
Now that I know how easy dairy free curries are to make I will definitely be doing more of these!
Have you ever had a go at making a dairy free curry? How did it go?
Thanks for Reading!